Discover Art Costa’s ‘Sounds Deep’ at BMAC, showcasing mystical deep-sea creatures in art. Join the talk on Dec. 14 for an immersive experience.
The KaneLoggiaHYPOTHESIS presents Masters of Sonic Liberation, a new performance series highlighting world-renowned musicians in the ever-expanding field of experimental music at 118 Elliot on 3 Saturdays: October 28th, November 18th, and December 16th. Doors are at 7 pm; $10 Donation Suggested.
Arising from the modes of improvisation, free jazz, noise, avant-garde, modern composition, electronics, electro-acoustic, vocal work, and traditional instrumentation, the unifying principle of these artists is their dedication to exploratory, hypothetical, investigational, probing, observational, theoretical, innovative, inventive, radical, avant-garde, anti-normative, alternative, fringe, unfamiliar, unorthodox, unconventional, unusual, eccentric, avant-garde, avant-core, free-thinking, way-out music. Both physical and streaming audiences will be treated to unique sounds and first-time-ever performances, guaranteed to inspire wonder, amazement, and delight. Each evening will bring the listener deeper into the world of musicians who have left the norms and abandoned the pop and easy listening culture, to continually investigate and create music of the greatest depth and personal expression that reaches directly into the algebra of the mind, heart, and soul.
Curated by dedicated improviser and sax/flute/electronics artist, Bonnie Kane, some of the New York/New England-based musicians appearing are Aron Namenwirth, Federico Balducci, Marc Edwards, Tor Snyder, Takuma Kanaiwa, EricDahlmen, Dave Pek, GlynisLomon, Ayumi Ishito, Dei Xhrist, Bonnie Kane and John Loggia.
Experience a new world of expansive sound. Mark your calendar for October 28, November 18, and December 16.
SCHEDULE (subject to change)
Saturday, October 28:
- Aron Namenwirth / Federico Balducci (2 guitars + electronics)
- Marc Edwards / Tor Snyder / Takuma Kanaiwa (drums, guitars power trio)
- Craig Chin – (ambient guitar electronics)
- KaneLoggiaHYPOTHESIS – (sax/flute/electronics, percussion/electronics avant-core)
- Compactor – (electronics/film)
Saturday, November 18:
- Eric Dahlmen – (solo trumpet, electronics, throat singing)
- Dave Pek, Glynis Lomon, + 1 (woodwinds, cello, electronics)
- Ayumi Ishito / Eric Plaks / Jon Panikkar (sax, electronics, keyboard, drums – psych free jazz trio)
- KaneLoggiaHYPOTHESIS + Ben JAMES – (sax/flute/electronics, percussion/electronics, bass/drums)
- Walter Wright – (electronics)
Saturday, December 16:
- Dei Xhrist (chantreuse: vocals, electronics)
- Michael Larocca / Kaelen Ghandi (drums, guitar)
- Adam Arritola – (electronics, percussion)
- Isaac Tyler – (electronics, film)
- KaneLoggiaHYPOTHESIS + Ben JAMES Big Band
About KaneLoggiaHYPOTHESIS: KaneLoggiaHYPOTHESIS is the experimental duo of master improvisers, Bonnie Kane and John Loggia, burning through the realms of noise, psych, free jazz, and avantgarde, bringing you out of your brain and into your heart where the sound is felt and does its most needed work…Internationally renowned, dedicated improvisor, BONNIE KANE, is a pioneer in electronic processing for flute and saxophone. She is captivated by the focus required to be in the moment of creation, and the purity found there. With over 40 releases as a soloist and bandleader, she is featured on Godspeed You! Black Emperor’s album, “Luciferian Towers”, and Jon Spencer’s Blues Explosion’salbum, “Orange”. A record dealer and music curator, she belongs to the lineage of freesonic space explorers. Multi-instrumentalist, JOHN LOGGIA draws the percussive nature out of each instrument he plays: drums, piano, electronics, and guitar. He can play in the deepest of pockets and manifest all manner of sounds. Immersed in the arts, he is a painter, production designer for film, co-director of the arts and educational venue, 118 Elliot Gallery in Brattleboro, Vt, and the executive producer for the acclaimed documentary film, “Fire Music”.
KaneLoggiaHYPOTHESIS presents: Masters of Sonic Liberation Series
- 118 Elliot, Brattleboro, Vt
- 3 Saturdays: October 28, November 18, December 16 – doors 7 PM,
- Suggested. Donation $10