Sat May 12th 8:30am – 10:30pm
Grace Cottage Hospital’s 9th Annual Spring Into Health 5K will be held on Mother’s Day Weekend, as always. This popular annual event, sponsored by People’s United Bank, draws over a hundred participants each year. While professionally-timed for serious runners, all are welcome to walk, run, roll or stroll! Complimentary snacks, raffle prizes, and good spirit add to this fantastic family event. (Not available May 12th? See the option to participate ‘virtually’ in the yellow box below!)
While this event benefits our non-profit community hospital, we have purposely kept registration fees low so that the expense doesn’t prevent anyone from coming.
5K Registration Fees:
- February 1 thru May 10th: Adults (18+): $12, Kids: $8.
- Event Day: Adults: $20, Kids: $10.
- Location: Start and finish at the Townshend Common, Townshend, VT. (Park across the street at Leland & Gray High School.)
- Date/Time: Saturday, May 12, 2018. Rain or shine! Check-in/register 7:45 – 8:15. The race starts at 8:30 sharp. The event is over around 10:00.
- Course: 3.1 miles on the paved and relatively flat Grafton Road (Route 35.) Up & back, traffic controlled for safety. 5K professionally timed for competitors.
- Prizes: Awards will be presented to the fastest male & female runners and the “most experienced” participant. There will be lots of raffle prizes as well. Prize sponsors include Drew’s Organics (salsa and salad dressings), Big Picture Farm (caramels), and Smith’s Maple (maple syrup).
- Free t-shirts for first 100 who register! Complimentary water & snacks.
- Free Fun Run for Kids (8 and under): Starts at 9:15. Medals for all! No pre-registration required.
New for 2018!
The VIRTUAL Spring into Health 5K
Can’t join us on May 12th, but still want to participate and support Grace Cottage? No problem!
Here’s how it works: Run or walk the 5K distance wherever and whenever you would like! Do this in your neighborhood, on a treadmill, alone, or with family or friends. Register online, and when you’ve walked the 5K (3.1 miles), anytime between now and May 12, send us an e-mail that testifies that you’ve completed the distance required, and we’ll send you a Spring into Health t-shirt (for the first 50 Virtual 5K finishers!). After the cost of the shirt and mailing, 100% of your donation will be used to support the healthcare provided by Grace Cottage Family Health & Hospital.
For more information: call (802) 365-9109.
Photos of last year’s event are on the Grace Cottage facebook page.
Note: Photographs and video will be taken at this event by event organizers. If you do not wish for your image to be used in possible future promotional material, please inform the photo/videographer. Your request will be granted.