Presented by: Strolling of the Heifers
Join us Friday, September 14th, 2018 from 12:00 – 6:00pm, at the River Garden at 157 Main St. Brattleboro, VT.
To celebrate the last week of summer, and to usher in a happy, healthy fall, local businesses will showcase and sell their services and products, share information, and promote wellness learning.
This family-friendly event is free and open to the public.
The Live Local, Live Local Wellness Fair is an exciting opportunity to:
- Meet local and regional healthcare practitioners from all disciplines
- Sample scrumptiously healthy snacks
- Browse natural body products
- Watch and participate in demonstrations
- Explore possibilities for sustaining your mental and physical well-being
- 12:00 – 1:00pm: Brown Bag Lunch Series with Cheryl Wilfong. Meditate for a Minute: Can you meditate for a minute? Mindfulness meditation teacher Cheryl Wilfong leads simple, easy, and quick meditations to reduce stress and calm the mind. (Really!)
- 1:20 – 1:40pm: Sri Healing Arts with Sher Levesque. Sound Meditation: Sound is a powerful tool to explore for relaxation, meditation, to help release tension, to explore consciousness and much, much more. In this mini-workshop, you’ll get to explore how sounds from instruments such as gongs and singing bowls can be used to cultivate concentration and take you on the path towards meditation.
- 2:00 – 2:20pm: Nellie’s Touch with Joyce Jutras. Joyce will provide information about her holistic practice called Nellie’s Touch. She offers affordable holistic therapy treatments since 2005. She is a Reiki master and will provide mini reiki treatments during her talk.
- 2:40 – 3:00pm: Sukyo Mahikari with Susan Hebson. The Art of True Light: “We would like to introduce the Art of True Light in it’s purest fashion to the Brattleboro and surrounding community. We invite participants to experience for themselves this radiant energy which refines and purifies the spiritual, mental and physical aspects. In just one 10-minute session we are confident you will feel a calmness of mind leading to a melting away of stress and anxiety. Please visit and find out for yourself.”
- 3:20 – 3:40pm: Brattleboro Memorial Hospital with Elisha Underwood. Healthy Living with Chronic Conditions: This evidence-based program has proven to increase involvement and participating in activities that one has once enjoyed but given up, and has improved one’s ability to manage pain, fatigue and more. Together we will do an exercise that is an example of a Self-Management Tool and explores how our minds affect our bodies. “There are two ways of moving forward… either we can allow our illness to manage us and our lives, or we can learn to manage it and get our life back!”
- 4:00 – 4:20pm: Sētu Yoga & Meditation Retreat with Emily Murphy Kaur. Ashtanga: The Eight Limbs of Yoga Practice: Most western yoga classes focus predominantly on the third limb of the yogic system, asana or physical postures. Whereas, the Indian yogic system incorporates eight limbs (ashtanga) with all limbs promoting the same goal, union (yoga). We will begin with a brief discussion of Ashtanga, brought to the west by master teacher, Sri K Pattabhi Jois, a practice that continues to be taught by his daughter, our teacher, Saraswathi Jois and her son Sharath Jois. After providing a foundation for the session, we will zero in on the fourth limb, pranayama, by teaching participants a few basic breathing techniques that can be used in everyday life to calm the mind and body. There will be time at the end for a brief Q&A.
- 4:40 – 5:00pm: Brattleboro Area of Hospice – Taking Steps with Joanna Rueter. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: With Advance Care Planning Coordinator, Taking Steps Brattleboro. One short skit with time for Q & A. Come to watch the why of Advance Directives and how they are a gift to you and the people you love. Bring your questions.
Some of the exhibitors attending the fair are:
Sacred lore Herbal LLC
Sētu Yoga & Meditation Retreat
Refilling Your Well-Wellness Center LLC
Breath of the Heart
Sri Healing Arts
Lady Moon Healing Hands
Brattleboro Memorial Hospital
Curves of Brattleboro
ClearChoiceMD Urgent Care
Infusion Natural Skin Care
Vernon Advent Christian Home, Inc.
Grace Cottage Family Health & Hospital
Ceres Natural Remedies
Mission Imposhable Independent Consultant Perfectly Posh
Grace Cottage Family Health & Hospital
Taking Steps by Brattleboro Hospice
Pine Heights at Brattleboro Center for Nursing & Rehabilitation
Girls on the Run
The Rowdy Sprout
Dark Matter Medicinals
Inner Wisdom Wellness doTerra
Superfresh Organic Cafe
Brattleboro Walk In Clinic
American Red Cross
Nerium by Lynn King
Support & Services at Home (SASH)
Green Mountain Creamery
Brattleboro Hearing Center
Trisha Selbach Fitness
Hits the Spot Yoga
Fueled by Ketones
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England
AIDS Southern Vermont Project
Let’s Grow Kids
Soul Journey Therapy
Inner Bridges Counseling
Arch Clinic of Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine
This is a great opportunity to get a jumpstart on wellness! Enjoy these recent posts from Strolling of the Heifers.[powr-social-feed id=d8fcd3d2_1536671189]
See what else the Strolling of the Heifers is up to! See you at the wellness fair![/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]