- This event has passed.
Savvy Social Security Planning: What Baby Boomers Need to Know
April 30, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Join us on April 30th at 7 pm in the Main Room for an educational workshop titled Savvy Social Security Planning: What Baby Boomers Need to Know to Maximize Retirement Income.
Social Security is far more complicated than most people realize. The decisions baby boomers make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits they stand to receive over their lifetime.
Questions boomers are asking include:
• Will Social Security be there for me?
• How much can I expect to receive?
• When should I apply for Social Security?
• How can I maximize my benefits?
• Will Social Security be enough to live on in retirement?
To help participants better understand the Social Security system, this workshop will cover
• 5 factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
• When it makes sense to delay benefits — and when it does not
• Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
• How to estimate your benefits
• How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
• How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
• How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income
David B. Twombly, ChFC, CLU, RICP® from Twombly Wealth Management Group will be the speaker. Securities offered through LPL Financial, Member FINRA/SIPC