ELECTRONIC – THE VIRTUAL TOUR Enjoy a specially-curated tour of the five-star exhibition from the comfort of your home. Be the first to access this new filmed tour featuring exclusive interviews from
ELECTRONIC – THE VIRTUAL TOUR
Enjoy a specially-curated tour of the five-star exhibition from the comfort of your home.
Be the first to access this new filmed tour featuring exclusive interviews from legendary musicians and designers by joining the launch event on Facebook, broadcast live from the museum.
WARNING: This film includes strobe lighting.
HOW TO JOIN THE EVENT
– Buy one ticket per viewer via the Facebook online event
– Access the Facebook event on Thursday 17 December at 20.00 GMT (Facebook will also notify you in advance on the platform)
– Watch the live panel discussion from the museum (guests to be announced soon)
– A link and password to watch an exclusive preview of Electronic: The Virtual Tour will be shared as part of the live broadcast.
Don’t worry if you miss the live event, a recording will be accessible by all ticket-holders until 27 December 2020. The film will be available for ticket-holders in an exclusive area of the museum’s website until March 2021.
WHAT THE PRESS SAID ABOUT THE EXHIBITION
– ‘Dizzying dance music trip is something to rave about’ ★★★★★ London Evening Standard
– ‘Poignantly brings the spirit of communal celebration to a museum’ ★★★★★ The Guardian
– ‘A big moment for dance music’ ★★★★ The Times
WHAT TO EXPECT
Join Design Museum curators Gemma Curtin and Maria McLintock, as they guide you through key moments of the exhibition.
On your virtual tour, listen to exclusive interviews from:
– Internationally acclaimed artists such as Jean-Michel Jarre, Shiva Feshareki, Alan Oldham and A Guy Called Gerald.
– Ground-breaking designers and visual artists such as Judas, Kate Moross, Pier Schneider and François Wunschel of 1024 Architecture, Smith & Lyall, Yuri Suzuki and Weirdcore.
– Jean-Yves Leloup, co-curator of the exhibition.
Meet the inventors and trailblazers of electronic music from early 20th century pioneers to Daphne Oram, Jeff Mills and more. Explore the birth of house and techno in Chicago and Detroit, New York’s historic dance culture and the UK’s Second Summer of Love.
Immerse yourself in mind-altering audio-visuals and live performances from the likes of Weirdcore for Aphex Twin, Smith & Lyall for The Chemical Brothers and Max Cooper; alongside 1024 Architecture’s mesmerising light and sound installation, CORE.
Discover how electronic music continues to provide a space for creative expression and freedom for marginalised groups, touching on the work of Kiddie Smile, Virginie Kypriotis and Judas Companion for Deena Abdelwahed; and the genre’s political connections through the work of James Cauty and Jeremy Deller.
WATCH THE VIRTUAL TOUR IN STYLE
Electronic Virtual Tour Hamper.
Upgrade your experience with an exclusive hamper including the Electronic exhibition catalogue, Prosecco Frizzante and lots of other artisan delights in collaboration with Rocket Food.
All hampers will be delivered by 17 December. UK addresses only.
Electronic is an Exhibition by the Musée de la Musique – Philharmonie de Paris
Curated by Jean-Yves Leloup
‘Electronic: The Virtual Tour’ produced by the Design Museum and Tailored Media
(Thursday) 8:00 pm - 9:15 pm
224-238 Kensington High Street